Share this poll, because the more votes the better!
Opinions! We all have them. Find out what people really think with polls and surveys from Crowdsignal.com
I fully support Tesla’s way because it is retaliation against unfair pricing of gas car makers that never display the 25000 € of gas you have to pay in addition to the sticker price. They also don’t mention all the service needed for the ICE. When you count it all they are higher in price than what they put on their stickers.
The US is already the scam kings of the world. More criminal bullshit to make more .Money is normal...Just like their family values....Fake bleating to the world that money conquers all.
Money....The truest American value. If you don't know that, shame on you.
America's motto should be "caveat emptor."
The price is the price one must pay before any savings can be realized. Noting the potential savings is relevant and important but has no part of the initital cost to purchase. What is relevant is annual cost of ownership inclusive of all elements such as charging, maintenance and potential gas savings. Take it off the pricing site!
They promised a lower price. They are not truthful and have not delivered on this.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, most people buying a EV dont have an existing therefore a gas savings should be presented. If that gas savings total is indeed coming off the purchase price then winner, winner. I wonder if the German motor industry would habe complained if Elon was German and the Telsa model also German made global game changer. We as consumers are mislead obout millions of products also the breaches in human or animal rights in their production. 1% of the world's population jointly have more wealth than the other 99% of us & seriously we are bothering to call this wee issue out? LMAO
Doesn't bother me in the slightest, most people buying a EV dont have an existing therefore a gas savings should be presented. If that gas.savings total is indeed coming off the purchase price then winner, winner. I wonder if the German motor industry would habe complained if Elon was German and the Telsa model also German made global game changer. We as consumers aren't mislead obout millions of products also the breaches in human or animal rights in their production. 1% of the world's population jointly have more wealth than the other 99% of us & seriously we are bothering to call this wee issue out? LMAO
The gas savings being factored into the sales price is the dumbest sales gimmick I have ever seen. Unbelievable that Tesla can use such tacky method of sales.
Having to back out their b.s. gas savings number then add in a ridiculously high doc and delivery fee pisses me off. I'm not sure I'd buy right now anyway, but every time I got to the order page, I feel like they are trying to hoodwink me and leave. I love the product, I don't like the sales page or pricing to get awd.
I'm not gonna say that Tesla is right in doing this. I will say that IF the playing field was leveled every car company would drop gasoline today. To say Tesla is being underhanded in this stupid marketing gimmick is silly. I'll never own one of Elon Musk's vehicles, too expensive. I'm not a luxury car owner & never will be. I've looked at most EV's & they all seem a little, to a lot, gimmicky.
Let's be honest about fuel prices though. Fossil fuels are subsidized. Remove those subsidies & no one could afford $15-20/gallon. How many times have we sat down & calculated how much we spend per year on fuel? I don't do it too often. It has a bad side effect on my health.
If anything Tesla didn't go far enough. I wish they'd have thrown shade at the governments that pull incredible amounts of money from gas lobbyist. Maybe they should hire investigators & expose the sham of this industry.
I think it's a sad attempt. Imagine if all products took this approach. Vegetables showing price after health care savings, landlords posting prices after repair savings, etc. You could literally find a way to apply this to every product. Hell regular cares could post process including electricity savings. Not to mention the price of these variables change over time. Congrats to Germany for standing up to this nonsense. We should follow their path. In Germany and many other places tax most even be in the price. Why do we all have to read the stated price and then figure out how much more we have to pony up? Isn't nice when someone says this thing costs 10 bucks and you hand them a ten and walk away. We need less of this nonsense. Not more
I think Tesla rocks, but I have to say that those that are selling Hybrids, Diesels and any other kind of fuel type car, one never see a "savings selling price" in respect to one another. You can claim efficiency to a known benchmark standards, but to other type of cars it's completely subjective. So I truly think it is misleading advertising. On the other hand, one have to be somewhat dumb to fall in to it, but, they definitely putting the hole there...
Musk has been throwing all the smoke and mirrors around for years. His Lemming followers think whatever he says and does is great and will buy into his blather. His attitude is that the rules are for everyone else but him.
His "gas savings" numbers are pulled from his posterior along with much of his sales pitch. OTOH his followers will drool over the figures no matter how inaccurate they may be.
Yes he has made a difference in the industry, but I don't believe the sun rises and sets on him or any of his companies.
While trying to show the value of owning an EV through gas savings is a good thing. The approach as it is currently presented is misleading at best. Besides that savings for some owners would be negated by auto insurance costs for a Tesla which in some cases is higher premium than its competitors within the same class. yet that is not taken into account. Overall it should be displayed just not withing the sales price.
I think EVERYBODY should do it this way! I think that TOTAL COST OF OWNERSHIP is the LEAST deceptive practice. When there is 11 grand of savings you shouldn't bury it! People don't act in their own best interest, don't have the time or the intellectual capital to pursue the concepts, and don't really know what they are setting themselves up for. I just bought a Toyota and the pressure and coercion to add this worthless option or this warranty extension or this other thing was UNBELIEVABLE and SICKENING. Besides, they wasted my time and their time, and made sure I will never, every go back. You agree on a price and then they use pressure to try to double it.
I have an EV, so there are no gas savings. This was and always had been misleading and it needs to go. Good for the German government to call them out on it.
Very misleading and the practice should stop. I drive an EV and charge it using my own electricity (my solar array generates ~3500 kwh more electricity than we spend), so I would have absolute cost of $0 to drive ~9000 miles (much more than I do).
It smells of sleazy sales practices. Makes me wonder what other deceptions are lurking in their catchy copy.
It's the price of the car.
I agree it should be listed as a possible savings. I've been tracking my exact expenses between a 2015 Durango and my 2018 Model X and in the winter up north in Massachusetts it cost pretty much the same per mile to drive either one. The only difference is electricity is better for the environment depending upon its source.
Is not a matter of saving few pennies per km.
Is the onslaught of precious resources for future generations.
So much greed very little empathy.
Some has to be done soon.
Gas saving is very misleading at best depending on the purchaser's situation. What if he is making a switch from an EV or a high efficient Hybrid or Plug-in? Trying to show a flash number to get the mind tricked into believing it is better deal than it actually is a marketing scheme done by everyone but I think it shouldnt make that "Saving" $ as their default price on the builder.