Do you offer leak adjustments?


  • Glen Miller - 2 years ago

    MCRW is regulated by the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission (IURC) which prohibits leak adjustments as they exceed the cost of production; thereby costing the other members of our member-owned, not-for-profit water utility.
    Our investigation did not indicate insurance programs were the answer as the insurance company desires to make a profit and the costs were too high. MCRW looked for a hands off situation, but the insurance company is only covering certain leaks.
    We ran several iterations of leak adjustments for years against the IURC guidelines, but found a decided lack of thankfulness after writing off leaks; you cannot make everyone happy.
    We now offer payment arrangements to spread the pain over a period of time of up to a year.
    Individual responsibility is required in all areas of life; and we are better off now than previously with all the phone calls and time spent adjusting leaks.

  • Kandie Jennings - 2 years ago

    We offer leak adjustments but not on irrigation leaks.
    1. The leak must be repaired within 10 days of notification from the district.
    2. No adjustment for water softeners or filtration systems.
    3. The customer must have the water in their name for at least 12 months.
    4. Only one adjustment in a 12 month period.
    Our policy can be found on our website.

  • Tammy K Kellis - 2 years ago

    We only allow leak adjustments IF:
    1 - the leak did not flow into sewer - ie wate rhose left on, pipe burst under house, etc
    2 - customer presents plumber bill or proof it was repaired
    3 - they have not had an adjustment in the last 12 months

    No deduction is given for leaking toilets, sinks, tubs, etc.

  • Loyd L Smith - 3 years ago

    Would be interested in hearing more about Leak Insurance.

Leave a Comment

0/4000 chars

Submit Comment