Do you have a special email address for websites that might send you spam? (Poll Closed)

 
 
 
 
Total Votes: 1,129
6 Comments

  • LaDonna - 10 years ago

    I don't access or use websites that are likely to send me spam. I do have a separate email address for my Facebook account though --- just in case my Facebook acct ever gets hacked. That way the hacker won't have access to my personal and private email/contacts/etc.

  • Sue - 10 years ago

    Like Joe E I have several, each for different purposes. One, my original one, for all website activity. I then have a pretty good idea if any emails received for genuine or not.

  • Sue - 10 years ago

    Like Joe E I have several, each for different purposes. One, my original one, for all website activity. I then have a pretty good idea if any emails received for genuine or not.

  • J. - 10 years ago

    I use a different email address for everything I have to sign up for, but they all flow down to the same account. Makes it easy to see who gives your address out or who got compromised. My /etc/aliases file has over 260 entries, but I literally get less than 10 spam messages a year.

  • Joe E. - 10 years ago

    I actually have multiple email addresses: ones for banking/credit, shopping/restaurants/food, etc. And I know immediately if I get an Amazon or banking notification from the wrong one, it's automatically spam!

  • Aerox - 10 years ago

    That 15% on the down are probably wondering why the other 85% have it. ;)
    Appreciate the irony people.

Leave a Comment

0/4000 chars


Submit Comment

Create your own.

Opinions! We all have them. Find out what people really think with polls and surveys from Crowdsignal.